How can we protect ourselves against Malware Attack?
The Answer is NO way to protect 100%.
We need to understand how is the attack being carried out.
- Malware comes from the following source
- Email attachment (.exe,.com and any executable file) and phishing email.
- Download program: especially freeware. Usually, install more than 1 program
- Unsecured site: Porn site, illegal Gambling Site, illegal download site (Music, Movie, and Software)
- What can Malware do to our system?
- ATP (C&C) Attack
- Exploit vulnerabilities of system and network
- Steal valuable information
- Lock your file and hold you ransom (Ransomware)
- Delete your files and alter your data.
- Ways to prevent Malware
- The computer system needs to be updated with patches.
- End-Protection needs to be updated too. (Anti-Virus Program, Network equipment need to update too against equipment vulnerabilities.
- Turn on audit log to track the attack.
- Educate end user on self-protection against Malware and other attacks.
There is no perfect system as a human being is the weakest link. Have a sound backup system and backup plan to recover quickly after an attack.